Wattie Ink. Elite Team Official Sponsors

Wattie Ink. Elite Team Official Sponsors
Wattie Ink. Elite Team Official Sponsors

Friday, March 22, 2013

Boston Marathon Taper time!

Well, the last 20 miler is officially in the books and it's time to kick back, relax, and TAPER! Ah...if it were that easy. Unfortunately, I have BIG goals for Ironman 70.3 Raleigh so I have a feeling the bike and swim volume will be increasing. Not necessarily a bad thing. I feel like my biking has been going pretty well, although swimming is another story. That said, it won't take me too long to get into decent swim shape and a few key workouts and I'll be good to go (hopefully).

Raleigh appears to be a bit hilly so it's going to be a whole new ball game compared to Eagleman where it's as flat as a pancake. Literally ZERO hills. Even the bridges are completely flat. From my Garmin data from last year, over 56 miles I gained 223 feet and lost 210 feet. So yeah, FLAT. When the weather warms up, I'll be a fixture over on the Columbia Triathlon course working the hills there. That should be good prep work as it appears to be hillier than Raleigh will be.

So the last long run is out of the way and not a moment too soon. I'm still dealing with the damn achilles issue and I probably pushed through too much pain today, but I HAD to get that 20 in if for nothing else, than just mental prep. I'm icing/heating/stretching/rolling every chance I get and hopefully it survives Boston and then final 70.3 prep!

No comments:

Post a Comment