Wattie Ink. Elite Team Official Sponsors

Wattie Ink. Elite Team Official Sponsors
Wattie Ink. Elite Team Official Sponsors

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Am I working hard enough???

Time will tell, but a big test is coming up. I'm still dealing with some achilles tendonitis (self diagnosed) so that's sucked, but I don't think it has limited me too bad when it comes to actual training. I have taken some days off here and there as a result though, but when I'm actual running or on the bike, I don't think it has hampered me too badly. That said, next Saturday is the Rock 'n' Roll USA Half (and full) Marathon. I'm running the half and I'm planning on shooting for a PR. I'm not sure if I'm there or not, but I'm going to go for it and I'll assess myself about a quarter of the way in to see if I can get there. If the achilles feels like an issue, I'll drop down to marathon pace and just make sure I'm feeling good there so hopefully I can get in a good mindset as the Boston Marathon approaches. A 20 miler is in the works for this weekend so a big week of training a week out from a race will make it tough, but I'm going for it. We shall see... I just really hope my "injury" isn't an issue. Only 6 weeks til Boston. Crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment