Wattie Ink. Elite Team Official Sponsors

Wattie Ink. Elite Team Official Sponsors
Wattie Ink. Elite Team Official Sponsors

Monday, October 15, 2012

Two Weeks Until Marine Corps Marathon!

Well, this is a first for me. Two marathons in one season. MCM is six weeks after Erie, but it is coming up quicker than I'd like! Saturday I put in a 16 miler and while it felt like a tough effort, I averaged a 7:43 pace (I've been averaging about 8:10s or slower for long runs) which probably contributed to it feeling like a tough effort... I didn't realize I was running this fast for much of the run and on the way home only then did I realize the overall average was fairly fast (at least for me). This has resulted in some positive and negative thoughts going through my head. On the one hand, I knocked out my first semi-long run since Erie with relative ease (I could have kept going if I had to, but really didn't see a point since I am only 2 weeks out) and my pace was well below my long run target pace. That said, I just haven't put in the miles since Erie. I'm not sure how this will affect me come race day. Let's hope for some fresh legs! I still need to figure out how fast I plan on running too!

No comments:

Post a Comment